Tuesday 9 October 2012

BA4 Re-Design, Re-Direction, Re-Flections

New beginnings and cycles of 7

Halo! My name is Craig A Rouse and I'm back at NUCA after 7 years of musical exploration in the realms of the acoustic.

Its good to be back as a Full Time student...I passed the Foundation Degree in Game Art and Design in 2006 and I've returned to complete my studies. Much has changed and some things, strangely, remain the same...I shall elucidate further in later posts I'm sure!

So...I'm working with Bradley Morgan Johnson on a redesign of "FlOw" by That Game Company - Created by Jenova Chen and Nicolas Clark.

Bradley has the wonderful ability to conceptualize with stunning clarity. For myself, the creative process is like catching ever-rising sparks from a tumultuous inferno just beneath the surface, or maybe slivers of fast moving fish surfing in the keen slice of a ship's keel.

So then, please excuse the slippery scrawlings and scorch marks that will shortly follow. To design is to catch embers and forge from them a torch to illuminate the path...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment